Webdriver + Selenesse

Mars Yu

Apr 7, 2011, 11:35:33 PM4/7/11
to selenesse-users
Hi all, I'm new to here, currently we're building the tool based on
webdriver, is there any experience to integrate Selenium 2.0
(webdriver) with FitNesse?

Thanks
Mar

Marisa Seal

Apr 11, 2011, 10:00:16 AM4/11/11
to selenes...@googlegroups.com
I have just recently started using Se2/WebDriver at work (in junit-based tests). Integrating with fitnesse would certainly be possible...off the top of my head though, I'm not really sure what the tests would actually "look like" given the different ways controls are located, lack of support for things like isElementPresent, etc.

Do you have any interest in collaborating on the effort?
--
Marisa

Ameya

Apr 12, 2011, 1:17:10 PM4/12/11
to selenes...@googlegroups.com
It is possible to integrate Webdriver with FitNesse using Selenesse. I have made a start. Please find attached SlimSeleniumDriver.java file.

With this you can use the same commands in Selenesse / FitNesse, but change the underlying implementation to use Webdriver. I have changed some methods like the type and click to use Webdriver. Also added a method findElement() which used Webdriver to locate the element.

Almost all of the methods can be updated to use Webdriver.

I would love to make this into a complete working solution to use just webdriver API, but currently, it is in beta and has some issues. Hence for now using the WebdriverbackedSelenium approach works just fine (although it might affect the performance).

Thanks,
Ameya
SlimSeleniumDriver.java

Bart Vanherck

Jul 25, 2011, 3:53:50 AM7/25/11
to selenes...@googlegroups.com
Ameya,
The file you attached is now a few months older, is there any update ? Or is the file somewhere public online, github for example? As I am planning to use webdriver, I maybe can help to improve/update ...

Regards,

Bart

Ameya

May 23, 2012, 8:57:40 AM5/23/12
to selenes...@googlegroups.com
Bart, I know this is kinda very late reply (Sorry I haven't been working on selenium lately and did not check the forums much), but I do have an updated source. Please find the link here - https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?fromgroups#!topic/selenesse-users/H1JvXYjPwOQ

Bart Vanherck

Jun 20, 2012, 3:07:36 AM6/20/12
to selenes...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,