Export Selenium IDE scripts to Selenesse?

pdxshooter

Aug 31, 2011, 11:08:25 AM8/31/11
to selenesse-users
I am a QA Engineer learning to use Selenium IDE to record and playback
scripts to verify our application.
Several scripts have been developed. Is there any way to export these
scripts to the Selenesse environment?

Pdxshooter

Chris Dombroski

Aug 31, 2011, 11:22:29 AM8/31/11
to selenes...@googlegroups.com
If you can get them into "spreadsheet format" (tab delimited I believe) you can paste the scripts into fitnesse and click the "Spreadsheet to FitNesse" button

Chris McMahon

Aug 31, 2011, 11:22:51 AM8/31/11
to selenes...@googlegroups.com

There is no automated way to turn standard Se IDE tests into selenesse tests.  I've ported about 100 old unmaintainable selenese tests to Fitnesse recently, and it's not very nice.

However, in the selenesse distro we do provide a Se IDE format that records Se IDE actions as wiki markup.  You can find that here:  https://github.com/marisaseal/selenesse/blob/master/FitNesseRoot/SuiteSelenesseExample/SeleniumIdeFormat/content.txt.  I assume it still works, I haven't tried it recently.

Note that playback from this format is not supported.  This is a Good Thing, it makes you really consider what it is you're doing in your tests.

-Chris

pdxshooter

Aug 31, 2011, 11:37:58 AM8/31/11
to selenesse-users
Thanks for the information Chris. I configured the Wiki format into
Selenium IDE but when I export
the script to "Wiki" format, the wiki file is created with 0 bytes or
empty. Does this Wiki export
function properly in Selenium IDE v1.2.0?

pdxshooter