Selenesse Enhancements (Webdriver Support) working

Ameya

May 23, 2012, 8:52:41 AM5/23/12
to selenes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

I have been slowly working to upgrade the methods in Selenesse to use Webdriver API. Here's the latest version I have. (Jar with source files) - https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B57bUTcj0hOreFJ1d1VOaTVLQ0E

All methods that have been converted work well. Others workwell with Webdriverbackedselenium. So this is a completely working version. There's still a lot that can be done though. I haven't yet figured out a way to put this on GitHub (haven't tried much), so this link should work for now.

Following are the updates to the original version that I can remember. Do let me know your feedback.

1. Updated Constructor for Webdriver. No need for host and port params.
2. Updated to use Implicit Wait for setTimeout
3. Added a explicit Wait method - waitExplicitlyForElement(String identifier,String locator). A separate class file is also added for this.
4. Added FindElement method to find all objects using Webdriver API.
5. updated click, type, select, clear, close, quit, isoptionalreadyselected to use Webdriver
6. Added a few Action methods (Keyboard and Mouse interaction methods)
7. Added methods to nread write from excel (Needs POI Library) - WritetoExcel, ReadFromExcel (If you do not want to download the library, just comment out these methods)
8. Added a method to execute an update query to SQL database
9. All existing methods are kept intact (complete backwords compatibility)

Thanks,
Ameya