disabled github emails to this group

Paul Querna

Jun 13, 2011, 11:57:29 PM6/13/11
to selen...@googlegroups.com
I've disabled email notifications of pushes to the selene-dev group.

If there is demand, I can setup selene-commits.

As an alternative, Github lets you 'watch' the project, or there are
public atom feeds:
<https://github.com/pquerna/selene/commits/master.atom>

Greg Stein

Jun 14, 2011, 12:53:21 AM6/14/11
to selen...@googlegroups.com

Why? Not like the commit emails were crowding anything out. Those emails showed the ongoing activity as a "push" into our inbox. A feed is quite passive.

If you don't want them on dev, then yes... please set up a commits list.

Thanks,
-g

Paul Querna

Jun 14, 2011, 1:53:07 AM6/14/11
to selen...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why? Not like the commit emails were crowding anything out. Those emails
> showed the ongoing activity as a "push" into our inbox. A feed is quite
> passive.

I gave a little lightning talk about TLS at NodeCamp EU this weekend,
and it became apparent that the commit notifications were drowning out
the few threads I'd like people to see, like the TODO one from earlier
in May.

> If you don't want them on dev, then yes... please set up a commits list.

done:

http://groups.google.com/group/selene-commits/

Greg Stein

Jun 14, 2011, 10:38:26 AM6/14/11
to selen...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 01:53, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why? Not like the commit emails were crowding anything out. Those emails
>> showed the ongoing activity as a "push" into our inbox. A feed is quite
>> passive.
>
> I gave a little lightning talk about TLS at NodeCamp EU this weekend,
> and it became apparent that the commit notifications were drowning out
> the few threads I'd like people to see, like the TODO one from earlier
> in May.
>
>> If you don't want them on dev, then yes... please set up a commits list.
>
> done:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/selene-commits/

Subscribed. Thanks!

Cheers,