Running with multiple emulators

John Wood

Mar 17, 2017, 10:33:35 AM3/17/17
to selen...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I'm trying to run Selendroid with two identical emulators (so I can run parallel tests on a single machine).

This causes an issue that I get an "error: more than one device/emulator" message.

Other people have suggested that you can set the "serial" capability to the device name to the emulator name (e.g. "emulator-5554") to force selendroid to pick one of the emulators.

I've tried doing that but this fails with the following:

io.selendroid.standalone.exceptions.DeviceStoreException: No devices are found. This can happen if the devices are in use or no device screen matches the required capabilities.

I don't know if it matters, but I'm not actually letting Selendroid startup emulators itself, I'm starting them up beforehand (this is because for some unknown reason I couldn't get auto startup working, but that's a whole other issue).

So two questions really,

  1. Am I doing something wrong?
  2. Since I don't actually care which emulator actually gets used, can I just make Selendroid pick one of them?

Thanks in advance,

John