Issue 93 in sekati: interactiveMode for CoreSprite

sek...@googlecode.com

Mar 21, 2011, 10:51:07 AM3/21/11
to sekat...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 93 by Xichuan....@gmail.com: interactiveMode for CoreSprite
http://code.google.com/p/sekati/issues/detail?id=93

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. create any new instance of CoreSprite
2. set interactiveMode = false
3. will throw error on click if anything is handled in click handler

interactiveMode = false should also set buttonMode = mouseEnabled = false;

Sekati 3.0.6.2 OSX 10.6.6

sek...@googlecode.com

Mar 22, 2011, 10:31:22 AM3/22/11
to sekat...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Cc: peterahl...@gmail.com

Comment #1 on issue 93 by sekati: interactiveMode for CoreSprite
http://code.google.com/p/sekati/issues/detail?id=93

Sorry, we do not believe this is a bug in CoreSprite & were unable to
produce an error following your steps. This may be a usage/user error.

You may see the test performed @
http://code.google.com/p/sekati/source/browse/trunk/tests/src/sekati/tests/visual/CoreSpriteTest.as
- and resulting code here:
http://api.sekati.com/sekati/tests/visual/index.php?swf=CoreSpriteTest.swf

Please review your code and usage, if you still believe a bug exists post a
code example & we'll be happy to review it.

Best,
Jason // SEKATI

sek...@googlecode.com

Mar 22, 2011, 10:50:40 AM3/22/11
to sekat...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Cc: iworkinp...@gmail.com corygcla...@gmail.com

Comment #2 on issue 93 by sekati: interactiveMode for CoreSprite
http://code.google.com/p/sekati/issues/detail?id=93

Hi Mike,

I spoke with Steve & think this was a semantical misunderstanding;

Were you expecting the interactiveMode property to enforce/disable all
interactive functionality?

The reality is that interactiveMode simply sets an appropriate cursor
state; though I do understand why you may have thought it did more.

Take a look at the doc entry:
http://docs.sekati.com/sekati/sekati/display/CoreSprite.html#interactiveMode

I was concerned that it may be throwing errors unexpectedly (espc on a base
level object) as you reported; did you actually receive errors or did you
mean you expected it to?

Best,
Jason