Activities for SegfesT

Sal

Dec 10, 2007, 10:49:05 PM12/10/07
to Segway Indiana
So, if we were to have a SegfesT Indy, what activities would everyone
like to see there?

Some examples of previous SegfesT activities have been:

scavenger hunts, obstacle courses, obviously, group tours...

I'd love to know any ideas you all may have... Creative, off the
wall... anything.

Please do take the time to write your opinions.

-Sal

Christian Tombers

Dec 17, 2007, 1:49:11 PM12/17/07
to seg...@googlegroups.com

Sal <glide....@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's my first Brainstorm.
Some might not be practical, profitable, or feasable.
It's a place to start:

Raffle
Silent Auction
Fund Raiser for D.R.A.F.T.
Local F.I.R.S.T. Demonstrations
Movie: "10mph" or has everybody already seen it?
Commercial Sales Tables
Indy 500 Track Glide
Indy 500 Museum Tour
Canal Glide
Downtown Glide
Children's Museum - visit +/or Glide
IMA - visit +/or Glide
Banquet
Keynote Speaker
Continuous Slide Show on monitor at event,
    photos submitted by attendees in advance
Seg Polo
Video Competition

Factors to consider:
Length of Event
Attendance
Costs & Budget
Location
Weather
Alternatives due to weather
Staffing
Christian

SEG Indiana

Dec 17, 2007, 7:22:12 PM12/17/07
to Segway Indiana
A Swap Meet.
Maybe with the fee to benefit the DRAFT Segs4Vets Program. Seperate
from any regular vendors.
By now everyone has a lot of extra Segway stuff around they would be
willing to offer for sale or swap. These are big deals with the car
clubs and it is a great way to get people to interact.

Add Wen's ideas from his e-mail to this discussion too:

I'll think about it some more, but for now:

Be sure to get Bill Hopper involved from the beginning
Anything interesting to see at the RR plant where Stu works?
Lucas Oil Stadium
Cultural Trail - I went on one of their escorted rides one Saturday
when you were in NY and that was good
Lilly campus
Downtown hotel with large ballroom . . . Westin maybe
Scavenger hunt at Florida Fest using cameras was fun
Highly promoted Polo match or Frisbee golf on a downtown grassy
location
Red Garter

Not sure what the Red Garter is, but maybe if Wen is in charge of late
night entertainment, we could all find out! - Just remind him about
the relationship between Segways and the Police is growing by leaps
and bounds these days.

Keep the ideas coming!

Wen...@aol.com

Dec 17, 2007, 11:23:50 PM12/17/07
to seg...@googlegroups.com
The Red Garter was a joke . . . unfortunately the lines crossing it out didn't come through on the e-mail!  I have it on good authority they won't allow Segways on stage anyway!

WWHopper

Dec 18, 2007, 8:53:00 AM12/18/07
to Segway Indiana
I think the Red Garter is a good idea! (one of the reasons the hatch
marks were taken off) If no segs on stage, just park them at the
door!

Does anyone have any access to any entertainers or musicians for a
banquet?

Seems Jon McLaughlin is a new star in Indiana.
http://www.indy.org/indianapolis/web/jsp/podcast/podcast.jsp?channel=12568592&p=1&x=1197577191692

Also if anyone has wants to be the lead on anything, let us know. Be a
tour leader, head up an event, what ever, having a SegwayfesT means
there will be a need for volunteers to make things happen.

This is the time to put a spotlight on Segways and Segway Enthuisasts
in Indiana for the world to see!

WWH