Extract Exact timings of calls for sound localisation

David

Jul 22, 2022, 3:46:28 AM7/22/22
to seewave
Dear Seewave users,

I'm using multiple audio recorders to localise sounds (calls of shorebirds, like in the attached image). I have a recogniser that classifies the presence or absence of the target species at each recorder pretty accurately. To localise, I then need to extract accurate timings that calls arrives on each recorder (from 3sec classifed segments) - wondered if there was a function in Seewave people would recommend to use - it could either pick out peaks of acoustic energy within a frequency band, or inflection points etc., whatever most reliably produced timing of the same point of these calls across different recorders (from the attached image, I'd hope that 12 timings could be extracted).

Also wondered if anyone had ever coded / used a package that did time difference of arrival calculations in R (haven't come across one).

Thanks for any help/advice,
David
cu_alert_im.jpeg

David