How to stretch/expand timeline to fit window?

wataweb

Jun 30, 2011, 6:04:44 PM6/30/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
So I created a custom column and I use the built in timeline inside
it. Basically, I wanted to place a component above the timeline so I
had to create a custom column. Anyways, it all works out nicely but
the timeline does not stretch vertically to fit the window size. So
let me explain a bit more, normally the timeline would expand to fit
the size of the seesmic window but this doesn't happen, the timeline
basically expands as there are items inside it but then it continues
to expand beyond the size of the window. Basically I want it to expand
to the size of the window and then allow a scroll if there are too
many items. I tried to set VerticalAlignment="stretch" and this
doesn't work. Here is my data template:

<DataTemplate x:Key="ColumnView">
<UserControl HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" xmlns:ee="clr-
namespace:Visibli.Seesmic.Analytics;assembly=Visibli.Seesmic.Analytics">
<StackPanel HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
<RichTextBox Margin="5,2,5,2">
<Paragraph>
<Run Text="{Binding Path=total, Mode=OneWay}"
FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="30" />
<Run Text=" total unique clicks"
FontWeight="Bold" />
<Hyperlink TextDecorations="None"
NavigateUri="">
<Run FontWeight="Light" FontSize="9"
Text="tweet this" />
</Hyperlink>
<!-- <LineBreak />
<Run Text="{Binding Path=user}" FontSize="10"/
> -->
</Paragraph>
</RichTextBox>
<Image HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,0,0,0"
Source="{Binding Path=g.img}" Height="100"/>
<Image Height="23" Width="300" Source="http://
i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/watawatacrazy/bg-2.png" />
<ContentControl Content="{Binding Path=timeline}"
ContentTemplate="{Binding Path=timelineView.ContentTemplate}" />
</StackPanel>
</UserControl>
</DataTemplate>

Any help is greatly appreciated

George Ionita

Jul 1, 2011, 2:51:39 AM7/1/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Use a Grid instead of the StackPanel. And drop the UserControl if you don't need it.

George

wataweb

Jul 2, 2011, 1:29:13 PM7/2/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
Thanks so much, I'll try this once I'm at work.

wataweb

Jul 4, 2011, 7:07:57 PM7/4/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
Thanks this worked perfectly!