Mentions failing

Tim Heuer

Mar 30, 2012, 3:45:07 PM3/30/12
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
My mentions are not updating in Seesmic regularly anymore...known issue?

And sorry to ask, but given the recent announcements of downsizing at Seesmic, what is the fate of Seesmic Desktop and the plugin platform?

-th

-------
http://timheuer.com/blog/
twitter: @timheuer

Zhaph

May 17, 2012, 5:51:15 PM5/17/12
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
Looks like it's dying off sadly :( It's a real shame as I've been
recommending it far and wide, and I've not yet found a comparable
replacement yet :( Metro Twit doesn't seem to understand the concept
of columns and horizontal scrolling, insisting on squashing them ever
smaller, which becomes unusable even at 1600px quite fast and doesn't
link in to other social networks, TweetDeck runs on AdobeAir, etc.

In terms of the mentions, etc. I'm seeing a lot of errors in my logs
along the lines of:
[17/05/2012 22:42:01] - INFO: TwitterPlugin -> Zhaph:
StreamingConnection: Established connection to
https://userstream.twitter.com/2/user.json?delimited=length. Starting
polling loop...
[17/05/2012 22:42:01] - ERROR: An unexpected critical exception has
occured. Application might be destabilized., EXCEPTION:
System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1,
position 1.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions
options)
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Parse(String text, LoadOptions
options)
at Klout.Seesmic.KloutPlugin.KloutUser.ProcessXmlTopics(String
username, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)
at
Klout.Seesmic.KloutPlugin.KloutItem.cb_KloutTopicsCompleted(Object
sender, DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs e)
at
System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadStringCompleted(DownloadStringCompletedEventArgs
e)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadStringOperationCompleted(Object
arg)

So I'm assuming that those aren't helping.