Posting Provider issues

1 view

Tim Heuer

Nov 17, 2011, 1:58:01 PM11/17/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed with the latest update of SD2 that when I reply to an item in my custom account provider that the default account is no longer selected in the composition area, when it used to be.

Is there issues in PostingService.SelectPostingProviders()?

-th

-------
http://timheuer.com/blog/
twitter: @timheuer

George Ionita

Nov 18, 2011, 3:05:29 AM11/18/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
There's no known issue currently.

It would be helpful if you could send us a repro at your earliest convenience.
George

Tim Heuer

Nov 18, 2011, 4:44:23 PM11/18/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Well mine is a custom provider for an internal system so not easy for you to test :-).

When I reply to an item on the timeline it used to auto-select the provider.  For my code it no longer does that.  However for the Twitter one it does.  Makes me think that something has changed in the interface or I need to implement something different?

-th

-------
http://timheuer.com/blog/
twitter: @timheuer

George Ionita

Nov 19, 2011, 4:03:52 AM11/19/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
We upgraded the extensibility of the posting feature to use abstract classes instead of interfaces to allow more flexibility when adding more members.

IPostingProvider is now deprecated in favor of PostingProvider abstract class.

To support the legacy plugins that are still using the old interface, we created a middle adapter layer. It's possbile that you are hitting a bug in the adapter layer.

For now, my suggestion would be to upgrade your plugin to take advantage of the abstract classes and see if the problem still persists.

George

Tim Heuer

Nov 22, 2011, 12:03:04 PM11/22/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
So this would require me to upgrade to which SDK version?  And do you have an updated snippet of how I would change?

Right now on my plugin I Import the IPostingService and expose that.  In my code that's what I'm using.

-------
http://timheuer.com/blog/
twitter: @timheuer

George Ionita

Dec 16, 2011, 3:54:11 AM12/16/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
The newest sdk is available here:

Inside it you will find some draft documentation, which includes a sample code for subclassing the abstract PostingProvider class.

Thanks,
George