How to know when the timeline is open?

wataweb

Jul 5, 2011, 6:48:04 PM7/5/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
How do I know when the timeline of the plugin is open/visible?

More information
*Currently, the timeline updates regardless of whether it being open
or closed - basically this causes unnecessary use and load of
resources which causes heavy load on our servers. I need to avoid this
case. So basically I need to know when the timeline is actually open,
I need a point in which I should start the Timer that updates the
timeline (currently the Timer starts as soon as the the constructor of
the sidebar is called - which is basically every time seesmic opens -
I want to avoid this - I want the Timer only to start when the
timeline is open - my problem is I need to be able to check if the
timeline is open in order to do this - but I don't know how @_@)

George Ionita

Jul 6, 2011, 1:34:25 AM7/6/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In the sidebar action you have the Invoke method where you are responsible for adding the column. That's the moment when you can consider that the timeline is opened. Then, the column instance that you get back from invoking AddColumn/AddTimelineColumn has an event for closing that you can monitor.

George

wataweb

Jul 7, 2011, 9:10:42 AM7/7/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
Thanks Goerge this worked very well, and now this thing can scale
better!