Timeline Items won't Display! "New beta build of SD2 and SDK available"

wataweb

Aug 31, 2011, 1:59:39 PM8/31/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
So, while testing my plugin against the new beta build of SD2, I found
that the Timeline Items won't display, at the moment I'm unsure where
I should be looking to resolve this problem and was looking for some
insight.

Note that I'm using a custom column and a timeline within it by using
the timeline view created by the shell service - I don't know if this
is relevant to why the items aren't displaying but I felt like I
should mention it.

Well, any insight on what might be the cause of the timeline items not
displaying would be greatly appreciated!

Adrian

George Ionita

Sep 2, 2011, 3:12:56 AM9/2/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

In the beta, we included a new TimelineControl that would make implementation of custom columns that include timelines a lot easier. Can you try to use that instead of the solution that was needed for doing that in the previous version?

Thanks,
George

wataweb

Sep 6, 2011, 12:30:07 PM9/6/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
Hey George,

can you please provide a simple implementation of the TimelineControl;
just snippets of code that indicate how this would be implemented as
I'm finding the documentation hard to follow since it doesn't really
describe the implementation.

In my CustomColumn (named content) which extends IColumnViewable I
have placed this (I assume I place the TimelineControl here):

public TimelineControl timelineControl { get; set; }

but now, how do I add a timeline to it? I noticed in the documentation
there is a property named timeline, so I did this?

content.timelineControl.Timeline = ItemProvider.Timeline;

is that only thing I have to do?

Also, how do I add the TimelineControl in my xml file? Right now in my
current implementation I'm doing this:

<ContentControl Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="0"
VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Content="{Binding Path=timeline}"
ContentTemplate="{Binding Path=timelineView.ContentTemplate}" />

What would be the equivalent to that using the TimelineControl?

Here is snippets of my current implementation if you need them to
understand the above:

CustomColumn content = new CustomColumn();
content.timeline = ItemProvider.Timeline;
content.timelineView = new TimelineView();
content.timelineView.Content = ItemProvider.Timeline;
content.timelineView.ContentTemplate = t.ContentTemplate;

<DataTemplate x:Key="ColumnView">
<Grid>
<Grid.RowDefinitions>
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
<RowDefinition />
</Grid.RowDefinitions>
<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<ColumnDefinition />
</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<!-- <controlsToolkit:Expander Background="Black"
FontSize="14" IsExpanded="False" Foreground="Black"
ExpandDirection="Down">
<controlsToolkit:Expander.Header>
<TextBlock >
<Run Text="tas"/>
</TextBlock>
</controlsToolkit:Expander.Header>
<TextBlock>
<Run Text="testing" />
</TextBlock>
</controlsToolkit:Expander> -->
<!-- <ee:Depend MyProperty="Hello" Text="user id"
Name="myTest" /> -->
<!-- <TextBox Text="{Binding Path=total, Mode=OneWay}"
FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="30" /> -->
<Grid Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0">
<Grid.RowDefinitions>
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
</Grid.RowDefinitions>
<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<TextBlock VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Grid.Row="0"
Grid.Column="0" Text="{Binding Path=total, Mode=OneWay}"
FontWeight="Bold" FontSize="30" />
<TextBlock VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Grid.Row="0"
Grid.Column="1" Text="total clicks " FontWeight="Bold"
Margin="2,0,0,7" />
<!-- <HyperlinkButton VerticalAlignment="Bottom"
Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="2" Command="{Binding Path=ThisCommand}"
Margin="0,0,0,9" >
<TextBlock FontWeight="Light" FontSize="9"
Text="tweet this" />
</HyperlinkButton> -->
</Grid>

<Image Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0"
HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0,0,0,0" Source="{Binding
Path=g.img}" Height="100"/>
<Button Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="0"
VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Command="{Binding Path=ThisCommand}">
<TextBlock FontWeight="Light" FontSize="11"
Text="Recently Shared" />
</Button>

<ContentControl Grid.Row="3" Grid.Column="0"
VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Content="{Binding Path=timeline}"
ContentTemplate="{Binding Path=timelineView.ContentTemplate}" />
</Grid>
</DataTemplate>

George Ionita

Sep 20, 2011, 5:37:22 AM9/20/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

I'm sorry for getting back to you so late.

Let me know if you've got it fixed.

Thanks,
George

wataweb

Sep 21, 2011, 2:18:08 PM9/21/11
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
Hi George,

Unfortunately, I have yet to fix this issue, can you please provide a
simple example or just snippets of code that illustrate how the
TimelineControl should be implemented. Take a look at my second post
in this thread as it indicates what I'm trying to accomplish

Any help is greatly appreciated
Adrian