t.co URLs

1 view

Tim Heuer

Aug 30, 2011, 5:20:53 PM8/30/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Well my PicturePreviewer plugin is proving less than useful lately with the transition to the t.co URLs from twitter.

Before I could rely on the timeline Text property to be the text *that was shown* -- but now it isn't.  there is some automatic replacements in the content to show the original URL.  The UI no longer matches the API.

Is there a way to get the full text as it is displayed in the timeline anymore?  I know the Metadata fields exist but I'm not able to serialize them using .NET as some of the JSON seems malformed.

Hoping for a TimelineItem.DisplayText to get back to representing what is actually displayed.  Or even exposing the URL collection off the timeline item would help so i wouldn't have to parse the JSON data myself.

-th

-------
http://timheuer.com/blog/
twitter: @timheuer

George Ionita

Aug 31, 2011, 3:40:07 AM8/31/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

In the new beta release, you can grab a mapping dictionary using this:

(Dictionary<string, string>)timelineItemContainer.Metadata.Where(meta => meta.Key == GlobalMetadataKeys.TimelineItemUrlsDictionaryKey)

GlobalMetadataKeys is found in Seesmic.Sdp.Utils.

The dictionary that you get will have the proxy url as key and as value the original url (in case the url was not transformed, the value will be null/empty)

HTH,
George

Tim Heuer

Aug 31, 2011, 2:14:59 PM8/31/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
This is awesome...I've been behind in checking out the beta...will have to now.  Do you have an ETA for rollout of that?

-th

-------
http://timheuer.com/blog/
twitter: @timheuer

George Ionita

Sep 1, 2011, 2:00:33 AM9/1/11
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
We're locked on features and doing stabilizing, bug fixing. Expect it in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad