Any known memory leaks with custom time line items with Silverlight

Raj Shaker Pisupati

Jan 13, 2012, 10:27:47 PM1/13/12
to Seesmic Desktop Platform Development
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has noticed memory leaks with custom time
line view
we are noticing memory leaks after using the app for sometime about
15-20 mins, memory never gets released
with the tweet in custom time line view, when I close my sidebar
seesmic looks to be holding the references
we are using Silverlight 4 + Entity Framework through WCF RIA

Thanks
Raj

George Ionita

Jan 16, 2012, 3:18:25 AM1/16/12
to seesmic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raj,

We have done memory profiling to ensure that we cover the usual scenarios and we properly allow instances to be garbage collected. However, there might be scenarios that we didn't find or a regression that we introduced recently is causing this. Also, it could be the plugin that is not properly cleaning up references that it doesn't need.

Please use WinDbg to track the leaks and let us know if you find anything that points to the shell app.

Thanks,
George