Display ElasticSearch array data in reports

Q&A Bot

Mar 3, 2022, 11:06:01 AM3/3/22
to seektab...@googlegroups.com

Q: We are looking to populate array fields data in reports but data is not displayed in reports. for example, if my data is like this
{
  "categories": ["A", "B"]
}
it is not displayed in the reports that I created. even ES query feting data.

SeekTable cannot display ES array directly, however it is possible to display an array field as a single value you need to 'flatten' it with the help of 'painless' script expression.
For this purpose you have to configure a dimension that shows joined values:
image.png
"Painless" script expression is:
(doc["categories.keyword"].join(", "))

With this dimension an array field may be used in reports (values will be like "A, B" etc).