Automating .csv uploads

Q&A Bot

Mar 17, 2021, 8:31:07 AM3/17/21
to seektab...@googlegroups.com

Q:
I've been enjoying using your service tremendously. I'm looking for a way to automate csv uploads without using a service such as Zapier or Flow.
Is there an endpoint available I can push csv files to, i.e. together with a cube id, to refresh the data in that cube?

You can use SeekTable web API for this purpose:
  • Method: POST
  • Headers:
    • Authorization: <your_API_key>
  • Body: CSV data  -- OR -- 'multipart/form-data' (this API is compatible with HTML <form>-based uploads)
For example:

> curl -k -F "file=@sales.csv" -H "Authorization: YOUR_SEEKTABLE_ACCOUNT_API_KEYhttps://www.seektable.com/api/cube/import/csv?cubeId=CUBE_ID_TO_REFRESH

where
  • sales.csv  -- path to the local CSV file
  • YOUR_SEEKTABLE_ACCOUNT_API_KEY    -- value from "Manage Account" -> "Get API Key"
  • CUBE_ID_TO_REFRESH    -- cube guid (you can get it from the URL inside SeekTable app)