Embedding Seektable

Q&A Bot

Mar 29, 2021, 5:37:40 AM3/29/21
to seektab...@googlegroups.com

Q:
Is it allowed to embed Seektable as part of a SaaS solution by using the “White label mode” in the “Self-hosted setup”?

Yes! This is one of the typical usage scenarios of SeekTable where it offers a really good value-for-money.
SeekTable perfectly supports reporting for tenants that are isolated in these ways:
  • all data in one DB/shared tables, tenants data is filtered by special 'tenant ID' column
  • tenants use different tables / databases with the same schema

Q:
I understand that there is no extra fee for “view only” users; but what if we want to secure access to reports for those users? Do we need an "Advanced Publishing Subscription” for each “view only user” or only for the user defining the report?

"Advanced publishing" is needed only for the user who creates & publishes reports for embedding.
It is normal to have only one user with "Advanced publishing" subscriptions when all embedded reports are maintained by the same user.

Typical set of subscriptions for self-hosted SeekTable that is used for embedded reports:
  • PivotData Microservice license (SeekTable's reporting engine)
  • System/users admin (required for white label mode) + white label mode (removes "Generated by SeekTable" notice in reports)
  • "Advanced publishing" for 1 user
The price does not depend on the number of users in your SaaS app (viewers).

Q:
Do we need seperate licenses for Test and Development purposes?

only production deployments are counted as different installations.
You can use the same installation ID on test/dev environments.