SQL JOIN in CUBE

Q&A Bot

Mar 17, 2021, 5:58:53 AM3/17/21
to seektab...@googlegroups.com

Q:
could you please help me understand how to write an SQL JOIN  statement in the CUBE? Should I write it fully in the SQL box or I should use the JOIN option below the SQL box?
Is there any example as to how to utilize the JOIN option below the SQL box?

In the simplest case you can just add all necessary JOINs into the "Select Query" (with help of specially configured report parameters this JOIN may be 'conditional' -- applied only when certain cube dimensions and/or measures are used in the report).

However, if JOIN purpose is a lookup resolution (say, resolve user's name by the ID) and you have many rows in the main table you may configure a 'conditional join' that is applied to aggregation result (= result of SELECT ... GROUP BY) and only when needed (= when concrete dimension is used in the report that requires this join). This is described here: https://www.seektable.com/help/sql-database-pivot-table#lookups