Utilizing multi-tenant reporting for our web-application

Shibasis Nayak

Apr 9, 2021, 6:20:11 AMApr 9
to seektable-users
We are evaluating seekTable for a multi-tenant web reporting for our healthcare web application. We have a central db which is filtered by organisation_id and data from one organisation will not be accessed by user(s) of another organisation. Is that something achievable?

VF [SeekTable founder]

Apr 9, 2021, 6:48:11 AMApr 9
to seektable-users
Definitely yes! SeekTable is suitable for embedding into multi-tenant web apps.
Take a look to this help page that explains how 'host' web app may pass report parameters in a safe and secure manner: https://www.seektable.com/help/self-hosted-embed-secure-reports

When values for (some) report parameters are passed in JWT payload that cannot be changed by the end-user in any way, so this could be 'organisation_id' and cube may use it to show only this tenant data. Actually, you can pass any 'context' you need and reports may be filtered for the particular user (or his role).
JWT token may be signed with a strong hashing algorithm like SHA256 or even SHA512. More than this, it may be encrypted with AES128 or AES256 so end user will not able to access values that are included into JWT payload.

Shibasis Nayak

Apr 9, 2021, 7:10:25 AMApr 9
to seektable-users
Thanks VF for a prompt reply.

We are using AWS.

Please use my email shib...@artisanfertility.com AND shibasi...@icloud.com both for 2 users, so we can check multi-tenant stuffs as well.

we shall evaluate and next week if required, my colleague and I can jump into a meeting with you to discuss if any issues. Will that be okay?