SEEK 1.8.0

Stuart Owen

Feb 13, 2019, 6:50:30 AM2/13/19
to seek-de...@googlegroups.com, seek4s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We're pleased to announce the release of SEEK version 1.8.0. Key
features including in this version include:

- Extensions and improvements to the integration between SEEK and
openBIS. This was contributed with a lot of work from Tomasz Zielinski,
from the SynthSys project. The extension supports registering
Experiments as Studies, and metadata Objects as Assays, and the ability
to automatically register and resynchronize related Datasets and
children. The guide has been extended to describe the new abilities:
https://docs.seek4science.org/help/user-guide/openbis.html

- A new Project Dashboard that displays various statistics about your
Project. More details can be found at
https://docs.seek4science.org/help/user-guide/project-dashboard.html

More details about this version can be found at
https://docs.seek4science.org/tech/releases/

.. and the usual upgrade steps are described at
https://docs.seek4science.org/tech/upgrading.html

If using SEEK Docker with docker compose, the steps to upgrade can be
found at the end of
https://docs.seek4science.org/tech/docker/docker-compose.html

In upcoming work we are currently looking at incorporating Bioschemas,
some extensions to the JSON API, and also migrating to Rails 5.2.

In the 1.9 release of SEEK we plan to drop the XML API. This was a read
only API, that really only used internally, and has been super-ceded by
the JSON API. Please let us know if you are using or need the XML API
and are unable to move to using JSON.

regards,

Stuart & the FAIRDOM team.