Email is not working - test email works fine

minn...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2018, 10:57:50 AM8/8/18
to SEEK
Hi,

I was wondering if you could guide me to fix the issue with emails in our Seek installation.
Email is enabled, and configured and the test email works fine.
But despite of configuration, no email is delivered from seek through announcements, account activation, gatekeeper role, etc.

The log shows emails are being generated but no email is received.

Thank you,

Masa

Stuart Owen

Aug 14, 2018, 11:16:51 AM8/14/18
to seek4s...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Are you still having a problem with this?

The emails that are sent, are sent asynchronously through background jobs. When changing the email settings, you may find you need to restart the background jobs. This wasn't necessary in earlier versions of SEEK, but with an upgrade in the underlying platform (Rails 4) it became unavoidable.

You can restart with

- RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake seek:workers:stop

- RAILS_ENV=production bundle exec rake seek:workers:start

If this doesn't help, then please let us know which version of SEEK you are currently using.

regards,

Stuart.

--
If you have installed SEEK - please take a moment to fill out our registration form at http://www.seek4science.org/seek-registration