Export whole Project (Migration / Split to multiple Instances)

corny...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2018, 8:30:09 AM8/2/18
to SEEK
Dear all,

is it possible to split off a SEEK instance by exporting a whole project from SEEK1 and importing it to SEEK2, such that SEEK2 only consists of this project?

It would be possible to copy the whole docker container / volumes and deleting the unwanted objects in the copy, but that wouldn't be my favorite way.

Best regards,
Cornelius

Finn Bacall

Aug 3, 2018, 6:36:41 AM8/3/18
to seek4s...@googlegroups.com

Hi Cornelius,

This is not currently possible, but allowing easy transfer of content between SEEK instances is one of our main development focuses.

In theory, the project's content could be transferred via a script using the new write API that was introduced in version 1.6. It would have to GET each resource (project, investigations, studies, assays, data files etc.) from one instance and then POST it (with some tweaks to IDs etc.) to the new instance.

There are a few issues with this, however, mainly to do with attribution. It is not currently possible to add people to a project via the API, and the content would be owned by the person who ran the script.

Cheers,

Finn

--
If you have installed SEEK - please take a moment to fill out our registration form at http://www.seek4science.org/seek-registration
---

corny...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 7:26:28 AM8/3/18
to SEEK
Hi Finn,

Thank you for your message.
So for now, i will duplicate the whole instance and delete unwanted items.

Best regards
Cornelius