SEEK v1.4.0

Stuart Owen

Jul 6, 2017, 6:11:31 AM7/6/17
to seek-de...@googlegroups.com, seek4s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce a new version of SEEK is now available. This is
version 1.4.0. The most significant change is an update to the
underlying Rails platform, that is now upgraded to Rails 4.2, along with
upgrades of a lot of the plugins and libraries we use.

Also included are enhancements to the ISA graph to include Events and
handle long titles better. We've added the ability to define a default
sharing policy for your project, and more description browser tab titles.

For more details please visit: http://docs.seek4science.org/tech/releases/

Details on upgrading are at
http://docs.seek4science.org/tech/upgrading.html. There are a few
additional steps to usual, and in particular pay attention to updating
the configuration for sunspot, and if running through Apache with
Passenger Phusion, Passenger will need an update.

regards,

Stuart & the FAIRDOM team.

Cornelius Knopp

Jul 11, 2017, 7:29:07 AM7/11/17
to SEEK Developers, seek4s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
after updating the SEEK-Instance from V1.3.0 to 1.4.0 the navigation bar (Browse, Create, Help, User) doesn't open.
I can click on it, but the menue items doesn't show up.

I've been using Docker and docker-compose to run seek. (Update routine from SEEK Docs: docker-compose)

Is this a known bug, or maybe Browser/Cookie dependent?

Best regards
Cornelius

Cornelius Knopp

Jul 12, 2017, 4:43:09 AM7/12/17
to SEEK Developers, seek4s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
i tried this, but there is no difference.
Should i remove the Docker containers and re-pull them?

Further Bugs:
  • header image not displayed, only "18 200x200"
  • Headline Announcement not displayed
Thank You!

Cornelius

Cornelius Knopp

Aug 8, 2017, 5:35:46 AM8/8/17
to SEEK Developers, seek4s...@googlegroups.com
You are my hero of the day!

Sorry for replying so late, i wasn't notified about new posts.

After re-pulling the images (with the new version of v1.4) everything works.
My Headline Announcement (and even the instance name) contains a '@'.

Best regards,

Cornelius

Stuart Owen

Aug 22, 2017, 8:58:21 AM8/22/17
to seek-de...@googlegroups.com, seek4s...@googlegroups.com

Very pleased to hear the problem was solved :)

(also sorry for my delay replying)

regards,

Stuart Owen.