problem with call orgsimalliance.openmobileapi.* in myActivity

Fateme Jafari

Jul 6, 2016, 7:28:13 AM7/6/16
to seek-for-android
Hello All

I read https://github.com/seek-for-android/pool/wiki/UsingSmartCardAPI and I installed open mobile api for

  • 17 - API level 17, Android 4.2
  • 18 - API level 18, Android 4.3
  • 19 - API level 19, Android 4.4
  • 21- API level 21

 I changed manifast.xml   like this

  <uses-permission android:name="org.simalliance.openmobileapi.SMARTCARD"/>

 <application
        android:allowBackup="true"
        android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
        android:label="@string/app_name"
        android:theme="@style/AppTheme" >

        <uses-library android:name="org.simalliance.openmobileapi" android:required="true" />

        <uses-library  android:name="or"/>

        <activity
            android:name="com.example.simclientapp.MainActivity"
            android:label="@string/app_name" >
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>

but in myactivity.java "orgsimalliance.openmobileapi.*" is undefined.
and I donot have "org.simalliance.openmobileapi.jar"  and "/org.simalliance.openmobileapi.xml " in my system. I don't undrestand where is /system/framework/.

Please help me.
thanks

marc.o...@gi-de.com

Jul 8, 2016, 3:04:36 AM7/8/16
to seek-for-android
HiFateme,

You need to indicate in your IDE that you want to use the installed Add-Ons to compile. If you are using Android Studio with Gradle, you can do so by modifying the compile SDK version to:"compileSdkVersion 'Giesecke & Devrient GmbH:Open Mobile API:21'".

Br,
Marc

Fateme Jafari

Jul 8, 2016, 3:15:00 AM7/8/16
to seek-for...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for replay
I use eclipse. I have another problem too.

1- Is seek supported in android 6?
2- Is seek better than thelephony for send apdu to sim card?
3- how can I test hello smart card with emulator? I want to use emulator. Can I help me to install applet on emulator in eclipse to use it for seek.

--

---

marc.o...@gi-de.com

Jul 11, 2016, 3:11:52 AM7/11/16
to seek-for-android
Hi,

1- No, although many OEMs have already ported their versions of OMAPI to Android 6.
2- I wouldn't say it's better, it has some advantages and some disadvantages, but you can basically use both (if you have the proper permissions on the system or the SIM card.
3- For testing with the emulator you need a custom build of it. Please check this wiki page for further info: https://github.com/seek-for-android/pool/wiki/EmulatorExtension

Br,
Marc
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to seek-for-android+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

ravi

Aug 15, 2017, 2:15:28 PM8/15/17
to seek-for-android
Hi Marc,

I am trying to use my Android Studio to access openmobileapi repo. I pointed towards http://seek-for-android.github.io/repository/21/addon.xmlThe load is not working. While debugging it, I went to the file to take a look.

If you scan through the file you will notice that in the line:
<sdk:desc-url>seek-for-android.github.io/reposiroty/21/</sdk:desc-url>  , the word "repository" is spelled wrong. This may be the reason I can't connect to the repository correctly.

Is this intentional? Should I now load the repo in a different way? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ravi