Using org.simalliance.openmobileapi for UICC access on Android 4.4 and above

Praveen PPT

Jan 16, 2019, 9:10:49 AM1/16/19
to seek-for-android
Hello All,

I have an application which uses org.simalliance.openmobileapi.jar and implements SEService.CallBack interface to communicate with UICC in the sim slot.

However the same application fails to work on devices with Android 4.4 and above which support HCE.

I get "INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY" error during installation of apk.

On googling i found that it is due to missing org.simalliance.openmobileapi.jar in /system/frameworks and org.simalliance.openmobileapi.xml in /system/etc/permissions/.

Since my device is not rooted i do not have write access on to the directory and hence i am not able to copy those files.

Is there any way of me testing the app for communicate with UICC on higher version of Android devices?

I also found that Android API 28 has introduced android.se.omapi.SEService for achieving the same, but again this does not work on older versions.

Thanks in Advance,
Praveen P T

Muhammad Ahmad

Jan 21, 2019, 11:04:48 AM1/21/19
to seek-for-android
Try this in your app gradle! This will fix mine almost the same condition.
dependencies {
api files('libs/org.simalliance.openmobileapi.jar')
}

Praveen PPT

Jan 24, 2019, 1:30:30 AM1/24/19
to seek-for-android
Thank you Muhammad,

I added "provided files('libs/org.simalliance.openmobileapi.jar')" to my dependencies and added "http://seek-for-android.github.io/repository/21/addon.xml" as Custom Update Site under SDK Manager -> Appearance & Behavior -> System Settings -> Android SDK -> SDK Update Sites.

Its now working on all the devices, old devices without HCE and old devices with HCE and new devices with Android 9. However fails to work on Nexus (Stock OS) and One Plus 6T (Maybe modified OS), works fine on all Samsung devices.

Kind Regards,
Praveen P T