[sedonadev] how to test that a link changed event is associated with the same kit?

keith bradley

May 24, 2017, 7:16:47 PM5/24/17
to sedo...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon all !

I am implementing a linkEvent callback.
I need to test whether an added or deleted link is not from another Comp in my kit ... and if so return.

  virtual override int linkEvent(int eType, Link link)
  {
if (Sys.kit(link.fromComp) != Sys.findKit("myKit")) return 0;

        // the link to my Comp is from another Comp in my kit.
  }

... I am not getting far.

link.fromComp should be the Comp ID (short) of the Comp that links to this ... right?

I am getting:

Must return a value from non-void method

mski

May 24, 2017, 8:29:08 PM5/24/17
to Sedona Framework
Your linkEvent method is defined to return an int.
You have told it to return 0 if link.fromComp indicates it is not from "myKit".
But you have not told it what to return if it *is*, so if that happens there is no return value.
That's what the error is about.

keith bradley

May 24, 2017, 9:27:37 PM5/24/17
to sedo...@googlegroups.com