grandParent name component

Romain Boyer

Feb 23, 2021, 10:18:07 AM2/23/21
to Sedona Framework

Hi,
I need to display grandParent name of my component.
This is my code for parent name
void PrintParentName() {
          App app = Sys.app
        Component c = app.lookup(parent)

        Str nameComp= c.name
        println(nameComp)
    }

but I don't find method for display grandParent name component.

Thanks!

Ron Bennett

Feb 23, 2021, 10:55:59 AM2/23/21
to Sedona Framework
I don't know off the top of my head but its nice to see someone active.
If I get time before you figure it out I will try as well. I would think you could get the parent, and then get the parent id of that, then do a lookup name by id. Although there could be an easier method.

Murat Egrikavuk

Feb 23, 2021, 11:14:28 AM2/23/21
to sedo...@googlegroups.com

I don’t have a chance to try this now, but here is an idea

Component prnt = app.lookup(this.parent)

Component grandParent = app.lookup(prnt.parent)

Murat Egrikavuk

Feb 23, 2021, 11:19:19 AM2/23/21
to sedo...@googlegroups.com

See also the source of Point class in driver kit, getDevice() method as an example of navigation

  **

  ** Returns reference to parent device

  **

  Device getDevice()

  {

     App app = Sys.app

    for (Component c = app.lookup(parent); c != null; c = app.lookup(c.parent))

      if (c.type.is(Device.type))

        return (Device)c

    return null

Romain Boyer

Feb 23, 2021, 1:22:33 PM2/23/21
to Sedona Framework
Working fine

        App app = Sys.app

        Component a = app.lookup(parent)
        if (!a.name.equals( "app")){
            nameParentComp = a.name;
            println(nameParentComp);
            Component b = app.lookup(a.parent)

            if (!b.name.equals( "app")){
                bufConcat = concatSpace(b.name,spaceP,nameParentComp)
                println(bufConcat)
            }
        }
        else{
            return
        }

Thanks Murat

keith bradley

Feb 24, 2021, 11:46:40 AM2/24/21
to sedo...@googlegroups.com
been a while for me ... but I think you would use the same code but use grandparent name which you just obtained ?