Fwd: Offering support for creation of COVID archives

David Nickerson

Aug 17, 2020, 8:38:47 PM8/17/20
to CellML Discussion List, sed-ml-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Please see the announcement below...

Cheers,
David.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Waltemath, Dagmar <dagmar.w...@uni-greifswald.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 09:08
Subject: Offering support for creation of COVID archives

Dear colleagues,
(please distribute)

Modeling and simulation is one tool to help better understand the causes and predict the behaviour of the COVID-19 pandemic. We believe that models from the COMBINE community need to be made available as quickly as possible in highest quality.

To support the community, we applied for (and received) funding from the EOSC Fast track program. Until November 2020, we offer you support in publishing your model-based results as reproducible, curated and annotated COMBINE archives in a BioModels special collection for COVID 19.

Modelers will gain guidance on how to provide their model code as COMBINE archives. For example, we publish examples of fully featured COMBINE archives, offer Q&A sessions and online consultation. We also work on technical issues with the libraries and software tools needed to build COMBINE archives. Curators at BioModels offer a „fast track to publication“ for COVID-19 models, putting highest priority to curation of the models and making them available through different channels (BioModels website, twitter, mailing lists) and in  related communities and standardisation bodies.

Please contact us if you need help building a COMBINE Archive, if you want your model to appear in the BioModels collection, or if you run into problems using libraries, tools and ontologies needed to build COVID archives.
Further information is available on our website at:

https://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels/covid-19

We are looking forward to working with you.
Henning Hermjakob, Rahuman Sheriff & the BioModels team (EMBL-EBI)
Matthias König (HU Berlin)
Martin Scharm (codeahoi.de)
Dagmar Waltemath & Esther Inau (University Medicine Greifswald)

Prof. Dr. Dagmar Waltemath
⛁ Medical Informatics Laboratory
Section Epidemiology of Health Care and Community Health
University Medicine Greifswald
Ellernholzstraße 1-2, R 3411.143, D-17487 Greifswald
🕾 +49 3834 86 7548
🖅 dagmar.w...@uni-greifswald.de