Call for Nominations for SED-ML editors

Frank Bergmann

Dec 9, 2021, 8:02:24 AM12/9/21
to sed-ml-discuss
Dear SED-ML community,

This is a call for nominations for a SED-ML editor to replace David Nickerson, whose terms officially ends on the 31st of December 2021. The length of a SED-ML Editor's term is 3 years.

The current editors are Matthias König (until 2022), Frank Bergmann (until 2022), Tomas Helikar (until 2023), Jonathan Karr (until 2023), and David Nickerson (to be replaced). The editors to be replaced are eligible for nomination.

We would like to ask you to nominate suitable candidates. You may nominate anyone (including yourself) who you think is qualified to act as an editor. You can fill out this form multiple times to nominate several candidates.

The call for nomination will close on the 20th of December 2021. After the nomination phase, we will issue a call for voting.

The nomination form is at: https://forms.gle/s5Qgf65xsch9rfKeA

The SED-ML Editors play a key role in writing and developing SED-ML specifications. SED-ML Editors have to be willing to invest time and effort into evaluating proposals for changes, researching the possible impact of those changes, thinking about how to implement the changes, writing new text in the SED-ML specification, dealing with practical matters of writing, editing, coordinating, tracking changes to documents, etc. The work level tends to be highly uneven and unpredictable, but on average it is not overwhelming.

Frank Bergmann
(on behalf of SED-ML Editors)