Draft Level 1 Version 4 Available!

1 view

Lucian Smith

Jul 18, 2021, 11:31:24 PM7/18/21
to sed-ml-...@googlegroups.com
The SED-ML editors (past and present) are pleased to announce a draft version of the SED-ML Specification for Level 1, Version 4:

https://github.com/SED-ML/sed-ml/blob/master/specification/level-1-version-4/sed-ml-L1V4.pdf

We welcome any and all comments!  Feel free to email the list and/or create an issue on the github issue tracker, at

This version represents a lot of changes accumulated over the last few years, and addresses over 80 github issues (https://github.com/SED-ML/sed-ml/issues?q=label%3AL1V4+)

Of particular note:
* Revamped output classes, including the addition of a lot of plotting functionality.
* The addition of new classes designed to allow new mathematical functionality.
* New Parameter Fitting capabilities.
* Lots of clarification text.
* The addition of a generic 'Analysis' class, determined solely by KiSAO terms.

We will be submitting the manuscript to JIB at the end of the month, so encourage readers to submit their feedback before then.  However, we will have time to file corrections later if need be.

Thank you all!

-Lucian Smith
on behalf of the SED-ML Editors