S02 Logstash Parsing

Josh

Mar 26, 2021, 3:55:36 PM3/26/21
to security-onion

As we work on migrating to SO2 we're currently trying to get logs / functions up and running ASAP and then working on Elasticsearch pipeline ingestion.

We'd like for the meantime to use the logstash confs we had in place.

Following:

1. I updated the minion for the heavy forwarder adding
logstash:
  pipelines:
    search:
      config:
        - custom/custom_logstash_conf.jinja

2. Placed the conf in /opt/so/saltstack/local/salt/logstash/pipelines/config/custom/

3. Did an so-elastic-restart

4. Not sure if of interest, but the "local" dir on the heavy forwarder is empty.

Logs are not being parsed. I don't think I'm missing anything additional in the docs. Thanks in advance!

Doug Burks

Mar 29, 2021, 6:13:55 AM3/29/21
to securit...@googlegroups.com
If you have questions about the new Security Onion 2 platform, please use our new Github Discussions page instead of this Google Group:
https://securityonion.net/discuss

Thanks!

--
Please keep in mind that Security Onion 16.04 reaches End Of Life soon!
https://blog.securityonion.net/2020/10/6-month-eol-notice-for-security-onion.html

Doug Burks
Founder and CEO
Security Onion Solutions, LLC