3.0-M8 released with Facebook fix.

Jorge Aliss

Mar 28, 2017, 2:18:37 PM3/28/17
to SecureSocial
Hi,

I just published 3.0-M8 with a fix that allows authenticating using Facebook again (https://github.com/jaliss/securesocial/issues/604). Facebook is now following the OAuth spec so the custom logic we had to parse their authentication responses was failing.

Let me know if you have questions.
Jorge

Sivan Lauf

Mar 30, 2017, 5:40:06 AM3/30/17
to SecureSocial
Hi,

We're using a very old version of SecureSocial and trying to upgrade due to failed facebook login.
But getting the fallowing errors:

 error while loading Routes, Missing dependency 'bad symbolic reference to javax.inject encountered in class file 'Routes.class'.
[error] Cannot access term inject in package javax. The current classpath may be
[error] missing a definition for javax.inject, or Routes.class may have been compiled against a version that's
[error] incompatible with the one found on the current classpath.', required by /home/vagrant/SHADOW_SRC/c_shadow_website/lib/securesocial_2.11-master-SNAPSHOT.jar(securesocial/Routes.class)
[error] /home/vagrant/SHADOW_SRC/c_shadow_website/conf/routes:223: bad symbolic reference to play.core.routing encountered in class file 'Routes.class'.
[error] Cannot access term routing in package play.core. The current classpath may be
[error] missing a definition for play.core.routing, or Routes.class may have been compiled against a version that's
[error] incompatible with the one found on the current classpath.
[error] ->      /auth             securesocial.Routes
[error] /home/vagrant/SHADOW_SRC/c_shadow_website/app/views/loginFlow/password/changePassword.scala.html:23: missing arguments for method landingUrl in object ProviderControllerHelper;
[error] follow this method with `_' if you want to treat it as a partially applied function
[error]             <a class="btn" href="@securesocial.controllers.ProviderControllerHelper.landingUrl">@Messages("securesocial.passwordChange.okButton")</a>

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jorge Aliss

Mar 30, 2017, 11:05:45 AM3/30/17
to SecureSocial
Sivan,

If you are using a version older than the 3.0 milestones then you'll need to adjust your app to the new module API.  It's going to be faster and simpler to create a new Facebook provider that does not override the buildInfo method so the logic in OAuth2Provider is used.  Then register your custom provider instead of the default one.

Let me know if this helps,
Jorge

Sivan Lauf

Mar 30, 2017, 3:25:30 PM3/30/17
to SecureSocial
Creating a new Facebook provider worked.
Thank you.