Right to Repair Lobbying

Sector67 Team

Apr 1, 2021, 12:57:27 AM4/1/21
to Sector67 Members, sector67
FYI:
Rossman is nuts enough to work at this stuff, it'd be nice if he finds enough money to give it a real chance.  I bet we have some friends in Massachusetts who could send us repair manuals when we needed them :-P

Chris

Chris Meyer
Director
Sector67

608-241-4605
http://sector67.org

56 Corry St
Madison, WI  53704

Sector67 Team

Apr 22, 2021, 5:45:37 PM4/22/21
to Sector67 Members, sector67
One of these efforts will stick :-)

Rossman is up to $500k!

Chris

Chris Meyer
Director
Sector67

608-241-4605
http://sector67.org

56 Corry St
Madison, WI  53704

James Widder

Apr 22, 2021, 6:43:08 PM4/22/21
to sect...@googlegroups.com
Yes!! Here here!
on this day we choose. One day mind you😕 to celebrate the  natural planet on which we live.

One beautiful living sphere soaring through. Your pre.ise It is inherent that we we return to a sustainable design model for long life cycle serviceability!! Think of the energy we save. Gjoules x whatever

Build to last ..use  Natural materials which are renewable...plan to stay... ....Take care of the durable goods you have.

It follows the:
Share=Sector 67

 functional devices you have. Appropriate Technology. I will contribute to this discussion

As an architect

Happy Earth day!
Thank you Gaylord Nelson
Thank you Aldo Leopold....

Jim

James Widder Architects

James Widder

Apr 22, 2021, 7:14:42 PM4/22/21
to sect...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to add the part about: the purpose was then and is Motors true now...to focus our environmental consciousness to save ourselves and natural sparkling planet. Floating in a 3 ° K expansive space.... Whatever

Just ask... what would Henry David Thoreau do?

Pursue the method of:
....Ecology : the act of oneness, symbiotic relationship of our species with the rest of the  living planet....how we choose to live...impacts the planet the planet impacts us 🌞🌎🌋🌱

James Widder Architects

Jeff Wala

Mar 30, 2022, 6:24:40 PM3/30/22
to sect...@googlegroups.com
I hope to have a Starlink connection activated soon. They have not sent the equipment to me yet, but I'm assuming they will send the newer equipment that lacks ethetrnet functionality on board.

Would anyone out there have an account and be using the older equipment (round dish)? If you have no use for Ethernet, would you be willing to trade for the newer one? It would save me the trouble and expense of adding an Ethernet adapter, so I could throw in a 6 pack or whatever to balance things out.

Also, anyone more familiar with the specifics of the equipment? Did anything else change besides the removal of Ethernet, is the new square dish shape supposed to offer better connections or anything like that?

From what I've read about related principles, it seems like broadcasting a radio (wifi) signal would use more power than something over copper wires, and external, add on electronics tend to use more than integrated units. Anyone have clear information that would help elaborate on that?

~Jeff

Davie

Mar 30, 2022, 10:01:55 PM3/30/22
to sect...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Wala
I tried to broker an equipment trade between two friends a few months back and was told (not by starlink) that you can't willy nilly trade equipment. Something to do with the location of the particular device and how they set it up/ have it in their system.
That's about the extent of what I know about that.
Davie
--
Sent from my pocket