Free (working) fridge

Matt Feifarek

Apr 8, 2022, 5:18:37 PM4/8/22
to sector67
Hi Sector,

I've got a 30" wide, standard depth, top-freezer style Frigidaire to give away. It's probably about 15-20 years old, it has a stainless steel front, it's about 68" tall, and it works.

(I'm getting rid of it because the freezer doesn't work very well, and it keeps ruining my food. And I want a shallower and more efficient unit.)

But someone somewhere might want a free beer/soda fridge for the garage or something, or for some sort of non-food thing like storing chemicals or wine or tulip bulbs or something I cannot imagine.

The freezer is definitely making things cold, but my theory is that it over-does the defrost cycle, and pulls my food back and forth across the freeze point over and over. It'd probably be fine to keep something frozen that wouldn't be (as) damaged by that... like stock or something. Or maybe you have a cocktail hobby and you want to keep glassware frosty.

Anyway, it's free, if you can come get it. I could help you get it out, but can't deliver it anywhere. I live in a building that has an elevator, and a stairs-less route from the street to where the fridge currently lives, and there aren't too many corners either. A hand truck and some straps should do it without too much swearing.

Any takers, please hit me up off list at this email addy.

It'll be taken away from me on 4/15, so let me know before then if you're interested.

Thanks!

--
Matt Feifarek
+1.608.403.5432 phone / SMS / Signal / WhatsApp