City of Madison Electric Vehicle Hackathon Tuesday June 18th 4:30-6:30PM

Sector67 Team

Jun 21, 2021, 8:19:51 PM6/21/21
to Sector67 Members, sector67
Very short notice, tomorrow the city is hosting a hackathon focused on electric vehicles within the city, some information copied from the HackingMadison civic meetup.  Below for some more information, it's in-person not sure on a mask policy but I'll be there wearing mine :-)

***

The June meetup is going to be a bit different because we’re partnering with the City of Madison to do a “hackathon” on electric cars on Tuesday, June 22nd ( 4:30-6:30pm ), as part of the City Fleet Services “Grand Opening/Ribbon Cutting/Open House” for their new Fleet Services Building on the east side of Madison (across the street from Wal-Mart - the old Cub Foods site at 30&51.) The event is family-friendly and features music, food, tours of the building, and getting the chance to test drive different electric vehicles, including a few Teslas.
https://www.cityofmadison.com/news/youre-invited-city-fleet-building-ribbon-cutting-open-house

The City has a short term goal of getting to 15% electric cars in the entire city - increasing the number of electric cars that residents use, not just electrifying the City fleet. So we’re going to get some folks together from the tech community, MG&E, local environmental groups, and transportation experts and think about some ways to help get us there. We’re pitching this as a hackathon, though it’s more of a brainstorming session because there’s not a lot of time for coding. The goal is to come up with ways to help residents switch to electric cars, and to work towards making changes in the city that could make it easier for residents to switch to electric cars. We’re going to think about apps, web sites and platforms, datasets, and other infrastructure that could make this easier.

The event will be in-person, and will start at 4:30pm at the City Fleet building on the East Side, across from Walmart. We'll start out with a brainstorming session from 4:30-6:30pm, and then a presentation portion from 6:40pm-7pm. It's OK if you have to join late because you can't get away from work at 4:30, come join for what you can! We'll be joined by experts from MG&E, City Fleet, Clean Wisconsin, and other community members. The hope is that we’d divide into two “teams” and develop two different ideas, but the format is still a bit up in the air.

***

Chris

Chris Meyer
Director
Sector67

608-241-4605
http://sector67.org

56 Corry St
Madison, WI  53704

Dithermaster

Jun 22, 2021, 12:01:58 AM6/22/21
to sector67, Sector67 Members
Here are the related events happening there tomorrow, including other EVs and tasty food options:

///d@

Chris Meyer

Jun 22, 2021, 10:01:24 AM6/22/21
to Sector67 Members, sector67
Today Tuesday, sorry for the confusion on the subject, thanks for the catch Richard :-)

Chris

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 9:00 AM Richard Jones <in...@studioparan.com> wrote:
Is this tomorrow tues 22 ? Your subject line says June 18?

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 7:19 PM Sector67 Team <te...@sector67.org> wrote:

S T U D I O  P A R A N

2051 Winnebago Street

Madison WI 53704