Re: [S67 Public] Digest for sector67@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Gretta Wing Miller

May 4, 2022, 12:41:00 PM5/4/22
to Sector 67
Chris, are you aware that the presentation was not full screen on ZOOM? I don’t know what the setting for that is because I can’t stand any more virtual meetings, but I came here to offer my editing services if you need any. I have been forced into editing a LOT of zoom things the last year+ (mostly from peeps who don’t know that the default recording frame size is 640x360 unfortunately)
Wish I had made it over for the live robotics, but life got in the way.
Keep up the great work and check that f**ing zoom setting.
Gretta

Advocacy for Non-Profits
And Independent Artists

On May 4, 2022, at 10:40 AM, sect...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Sector67 Team <te...@sector67.org>: May 03 06:38PM -0500

20 minute warning ;-)

Chris

Chris Meyer
Director
Sector67

608-241-4605
http://sector67.org

56 Corry St
Madison, WI 53704

Sector67 Team <te...@sector67.org>: May 03 11:00PM -0500

Thanks to everyone who made the meeting in person and online - if you
missed it, it's uploaded to Youtube now: https://youtu.be/G4o9XsSoFQs

Don't forget gallery night is coming up Friday 5-9PM If you have something
you'd like to set up at the shop for people to see/touch/interact with/buy
just let me know and I can set aside some space for you!

Chris

Chris Meyer
Director
Sector67

608-241-4605
http://sector67.org

56 Corry St
Madison, WI 53704

Sector67 Team

May 4, 2022, 12:56:48 PM5/4/22
to sector67
Lol - I'll take a look at the settings for next time :-)  We're what you might call a "low effort" production, the room is plate mic'd for wide audio but otherwise it'd take the efforts of a person to run the show to improve things with multiple camera angles/capture/etc.  I'm happy when Zoom doesn't crash, the audio mixer works, and the remote camera stays running the whole time!

Chris

Chris Meyer
Director
Sector67

608-241-4605
http://sector67.org

56 Corry St
Madison, WI  53704

Dithermaster

May 4, 2022, 7:36:29 PM5/4/22
to sector67
For what it's worth, the audio for my remote attendance was great. I could hear the presenters and the audience questions, as well as the computer audio when the videos were playing. The only thing I could not hear was the in-room discussion while the video played.

Interesting historical note: For the first decade or so the robot combat arena was always about one year behind the capabilities of the robots. The first year (1994) was 12" or 18" of 1/4" plywood, and I shot video of a gas-powered cement cutting blade shopping through the metal forks of a wooden robot while I leaned over the aforementioned "wall". Part of my brain was yelling "run!" while the other half was saying "but it's such a good shot!". As a community, we're lucky the box finally caught up to the robots before anyone got hurt.

///d@