Cryptography in web applications

Timo H

Sep 6, 2012, 6:13:47 AM9/6/12
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I thought to link to my recent blog post about data encryption related issues, misbeliefs and nuances:
http://timoh6.github.com/2012/08/21/Cryptography-in-web-applications-a-false-sense-of-security.html

While the article is not a tutorial or in depth paper about (symmetric-key) data encryption, I hope it is a worth to check out, especially if you are implementing encryption in your own library or framework etc. or if you are just consuming "encryption helpers" provided by your library/framework.

All the code examples are PHP, although the issues are primarily just the same no matter what language you use.

Timo

Pádraic Brady

Sep 6, 2012, 8:53:10 AM9/6/12
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hi Timo,

Thanks for sharing! This and the other subject have encouraged me to get to encryption/password hashing as my next book topic.

Paddy