Step 2 of Frame Hacks recipe 1 (Interpolate) works without _getframe

Daryl Spitzer

Mar 16, 2008, 12:29:08 PM3/16/08
to secrets-of-the-f...@googlegroups.com
I don't recall if this was discussed in the tutorial, but I noticed
that I don't need to use sys._getframe() in the Interpolate() function
in step 2 of recipe 1 of the Frame Hacks section in order to get it to
work. I explain this in more detail in
http://pypap.blogspot.com/2008/03/frame-hacks.html.

BTW, I wrote a "review" of the tutorial in
http://pypap.blogspot.com/2008/03/secrets-of-secrets-of-framework.html.

--
Daryl Spitzer

Kumar McMillan

Mar 16, 2008, 6:16:02 PM3/16/08
On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Daryl Spitzer <daryl....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't recall if this was discussed in the tutorial, but I noticed
> that I don't need to use sys._getframe() in the Interpolate() function
> in step 2 of recipe 1 of the Frame Hacks section in order to get it to
> work. I explain this in more detail in
> http://pypap.blogspot.com/2008/03/frame-hacks.html.

ah, good catch. I think we did forget to mention that. In fact, we
probably should have made a better example, like yours, with the
calling function being main() or something.

> BTW, I wrote a "review" of the tutorial in
> http://pypap.blogspot.com/2008/03/secrets-of-secrets-of-framework.html.

thanks for the positive feedback ;)