Discussion on college-fair-2009

Andrew Youngs(Elendreal Halasy)

Sep 29, 2009, 11:38:01 PM9/29/09
to Second Life College Fair
Definitely looking forward to this, anyone who is interested in
participating may get in touch with me in Second Life(Elendreal
Halasy) or via Twitter @AndrewJY

Looking forward to a great SLCF09.

Shamblesguru

Oct 5, 2009, 3:31:14 AM10/5/09
to Second Life College Fair

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/second-life-college-fair/web/college-fair-2009
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

Shamblesguru

Oct 5, 2009, 4:41:50 AM10/5/09
to Second Life College Fair
Have added to the main page .... details about the welcome area ...
and an "Info Stick" ... hope you don't mind me doing this without
checking with everyone first ... can easily be zapped if you feel not
suitable.
Feel free to take the info stick and distribute in areas around
SL .... need to spread the word.
I've also put some objects in the welcome area .... design is
minimalistic ... again easy to modify ... of course.. this is a VW
If you want items putting in the in-world info stick then just let me
know.
Other area I've added to the main page is "organisers" ..... could the
band of guys and gals add names and contact details.

Julala

Oct 7, 2009, 9:49:53 AM10/7/09
to Second Life College Fair
This looks to be very exciting - we're really looking forward to being
involved. Can't wait to get a pitch and start putting together a
display.

Pusser

Oct 7, 2009, 11:44:19 AM10/7/09
to Second Life College Fair
How does this work, for prospective students, when you have to be 18
to be in SL?

On Sep 29, 10:38 pm, "Andrew Youngs(Elendreal Halasy)"

Kraemer, Beth

Oct 7, 2009, 12:15:28 PM10/7/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we have held a teen grid college fair, too, but last year started hosting a fair on the main grid as well. Many colleges and universities have a main grid presence so participating in a main grid fair is easier, although the audience may be more focused on transfer students or those interested in professional programs. We found last year's fair to also be a good networking opportunity for college representatives, to talk with other college/university folks who are working in Second Life. -Beth/Alice

Ellie Brewster .

Oct 9, 2009, 3:43:21 PM10/9/09
to Second Life College Fair
I have set up a page on the SimTeach wiki for people to list their
courses. I made a separate listing for credit and noncredit - hope
the page is OK with everyone, let me know if not.

Teacher/avatars can submit info at the fair, here
http://slurl.com/secondlife/International%20Schools%202/66/72/24

Or you can just go to the web and add your info, here
http://www.simteach.com/wiki/index.php?title=College_Fair

I'd like to post this to the SLed wiki, is that OK with everyone?

Thanks
Sharon / Ellie Brewster

Kraemer, Beth

Oct 9, 2009, 4:24:36 PM10/9/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great to me! Thanks Sharon. -Beth