College Fair, fall 2009 ... dates.

Chris Smith

Sep 17, 2009, 4:25:34 AM9/17/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com, kra...@email.uky.edu
Drat .. been sending message to the group from the wrong email ... so have been bouncing ....

My feedback on the date.

If just the Sunday then in Europe and Asia it means Sunday night and very early Monday .... and therefore residents in those time zones are unlikely to stay up.

Ummm was going to suggest split timing to help with worldwide access .... plus not such a continuous long day for the Americas

S.L. Times
Saturday 5pm to 9pm
Sunday   5am to 10am

But looks like everyone going for Sunday ....

p.s. ... to help with Internationalisation .... it is helpful to not mention the seasons ..... "Fall" is the other end of the year in the southern hemisphere ... just a suggestion.

Chris

Shambles listed in top ten websites by (UK)

Second Life: Shamblesguru Voom
Twitter: shamblesguru   Skype: cthsmith
Chris Smith  :  email: csm...@csmith.info
Personal Learning Network: www.shambles.net/csmith/pln
Based in Thailand, working across S.E.Asia
The Education Project Asia www.shambles.net
Support for ICT across the Curriculum (consultancy)
'It's out there somewhere, the trick is finding it'
International Schools Island in Second Life
Indexing S.L. for Educators in S.L. itself

Kraemer, Beth

Sep 17, 2009, 8:38:16 AM9/17/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com
Splitting the event over 2 days sounds OK to me, but I think we need to identify specific volunteers to manage each day so no one gets overwhelmed and crazy! If you are interested in being an event organizer/volunteer for this, please let me know at kra...@email.uky.edu. (Even if this particular weekend is not good for you - I think we still need to work a couple things out before finalizing.)

If you have feedback on the suggested times for a Saturday/Sunday fair (below) or any other comments about date, send that either to the list or to me. Thank you! -Beth/Alice

Teachers TV http://www.teachers.tv/video/4946 <http://www.teachers.tv/video/4946>

ePortfolio www.shambles.net/csmith
w-shops www.shambles.net/csmith/workshops
Chris Smith : email: csm...@csmith.info
Personal Learning Network: www.shambles.net/csmith/pln
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/shamblesguru
Based in Thailand, working across S.E.Asia

The Education Project Asia www.shambles.net <http://www.shambles.net/>