SL College Fair 2009 #SLCF09

Chris Smith

Sep 27, 2009, 6:14:54 AM9/27/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Guys and Gals

Sorry been quiet ... what a week .... but you don't want to hear about that ;-)

I see there are a few questions about the venue and dates ..... my 2cents worth.

Dates/Times
Fine with me .... have internationalised the times on the Google Groups page http://bit.ly/SLCF09

Venue
Some slight differences to previously
- there are 2 adjacent SIMS being used
        > Int.Schs Island 2 (isi2) ... full SIM
        > Int.Schs Island 3 (isi3) ... Homestead SIM
- The spaces for each exhibit are either 20x10 or 20x20 .... so bigger than last year
- I've already laid out area for exhibits ... you will see the green grass areas on the beaches
- I'm doing a graphics/plan of the 2 SIMS showing the display areas.
- on isi2 17 spots and on isi3 20 spots ..... could be more but staying with this at the moment.
- PRIMS ... max of 100 regardless of size of the plot
- All plots are on parcelled land and so could have their own media streaming in.
- between the two SIMS is a mini island .... I suggest this is the main arrival point for the Fair ... and possibly a welcome centre ... anyone want to build something.????
- Presentations .... the presentation area is the top of the mountain in isi2
- to build on the land avis will have to belong to Int.Schs.Island k-12 Group and show the Grp name "isi resident" ... more about that later.
- I suggest first come first served for locations .... "a gold rush" ;-) ... what happened last year?
- I need to check out the guidance to builders that was given out last year .... could someone point me in the right direction to find the page url

I'll drop this info in the Google doc .... but easy to change of course if you would like anything changed.

Now what did I miss in the emails sent out.

Phew

Have fun

Chris

Shambles listed in top ten websites by (UK)

Second Life: Shamblesguru Voom
Twitter: shamblesguru   Skype: cthsmith
Chris Smith  :  email: csm...@csmith.info
Personal Learning Network: www.shambles.net/csmith/pln
Based in Thailand, working across S.E.Asia
The Education Project Asia www.shambles.net
Support for ICT across the Curriculum (consultancy)
'It's out there somewhere, the trick is finding it'
International Schools Island in Second Life
Indexing S.L. for Educators in S.L. itself

Kraemer, Beth

Sep 30, 2009, 7:56:38 AM9/30/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com
Everyone - So we've been doing some off-list planning as you can see, and we're now ready to go! I just sent an announcement of the fair to the SLED list, so you should be seeing that soon. The main page with info on the fair is in our Google Group site, and we'll sign people up to the group as they register to participate in the fair. So this list will now become the place for questions and information about this year's fair.

The information page (http://bit.ly/SLCF09) also has a link to the sign-up form. I know some of you have already indicated that you want to participate, but if you could sign up using the form that would be great. Thank you! -Beth/Alice

Sorry been quiet ... what a week .... but you don't want to hear about that ;-)

I see there are a few questions about the venue and dates ..... my 2cents worth.

Dates/Times
Fine with me .... have internationalised the times on the Google Groups page http://bit.ly/SLCF09

Venue
Some slight differences to previously
- there are 2 adjacent SIMS being used
> Int.Schs Island 2 (isi2) ... full SIM
> Int.Schs Island 3 (isi3) ... Homestead SIM
- The spaces for each exhibit are either 20x10 or 20x20 .... so bigger than last year
- I've already laid out area for exhibits ... you will see the green grass areas on the beaches
- I'm doing a graphics/plan of the 2 SIMS showing the display areas.
- on isi2 17 spots and on isi3 20 spots ..... could be more but staying with this at the moment.
- PRIMS ... max of 100 regardless of size of the plot
- All plots are on parcelled land and so could have their own media streaming in.
- between the two SIMS is a mini island .... I suggest this is the main arrival point for the Fair ... and possibly a welcome centre ... anyone want to build something.????
- SLURL of this area is http://slurl.com/secondlife/International%20Schools%202/89/15/21 <http://slurl.com/secondlife/International%20Schools%202/89/15/21> or http://bit.ly/SLCF09welcome <http://bit.ly/SLCF09welcome>
- Presentations .... the presentation area is the top of the mountain in isi2
http://slurl.com/secondlife/International%20Schools%202/101/156/55 <http://slurl.com/secondlife/International%20Schools%202/101/156/55> or http://bit.ly/SLCF09presentations <http://bit.ly/SLCF09presentations>

Teachers TV http://www.teachers.tv/video/4946 <http://www.teachers.tv/video/4946>

ePortfolio www.shambles.net/csmith
w-shops www.shambles.net/csmith/workshops
Chris Smith : email: csm...@csmith.info
Personal Learning Network: www.shambles.net/csmith/pln
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/shamblesguru
Based in Thailand, working across S.E.Asia
The Education Project Asia www.shambles.net <http://www.shambles.net/>

Anthony Curtis

Sep 30, 2009, 9:35:16 AM9/30/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com
Beth,

I did the form yesterday. Hope it came through okay.

--Tony

It did! Thanks for testing. :). We've had several other submissions
too already!

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 30, 2009, at 9:35 AM, "Anthony Curtis" <Tony....@uncp.edu>
wrote:

> Beth,
>
> I did the form yesterday. Hope it came through okay.
>
> --Tony

> From: second-life-...@googlegroups.com [second-life-college-
> fa...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Kraemer, Beth

Anthony Curtis

Sep 30, 2009, 2:45:10 PM9/30/09
to second-life-...@googlegroups.com
Several other submissions sounds very promising!!