ribbon for H/Z25?

glenn.f...@gmail.com

May 10, 2022, 8:45:00 AM5/10/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

Nice H25 printer on ebay but wonder if the ribbons are available?  Anyone know who made the ‘engine’ for this printer and if ribbons are out there?  A google search didn’t show up much.

Not that I need another printer, but this was a pretty nice one in its day, see:

https://heathkit.garlanger.com/catalogs/1982/Heathkit_Catalog_857.pdf   p. 37

back then the assembled version of this, with stand, would have set you back $1,700!

the seller (https://www.ebay.com/usr/quizzlyly/)  has some Heathkit manuals out there.  A tantalizing pile of H8 boards are visible in the background of the printer picture, but apparently not for sale 😊 at least not yet…

image001.png

norberto.collado koyado.com

May 10, 2022, 11:36:47 AM5/10/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

You can still buy the same printer ribbon from the Epson printers in Amazon for different sizes to restore it. Then carefully open the H25 printer ribbon case and replaced it with the Epson ribbon.

https://www.amazon.com/8750-Printer-Ribbon-Yield-Set/dp/B00OZVN7CS/ref=sr_1_23?crid=27TPKYB7IYZX9&keywords=dot+matrix+epson+ribbon&qid=1652196827&sprefix=dot+matrix+epson+ribbon%2Caps%2C151&sr=8-23

Norberto

Steven Feinsmith

May 10, 2022, 1:35:02 PM5/10/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Heath Company designed and built the H25 printer in the kit.

Steven

Bob Groh

May 18, 2022, 12:06:49 AM5/18/22
to SEBHC
I owned one of those babies - fast and noisy!! Built one of the proof kits.  I don't think they used an 'engine' - all Heathkit parts inside.  I am pretty sure the ribbon was a standard off-the-shelf.
Bob Groh