H19 labels question

Paul Cushing

Apr 7, 2024, 11:00:04 AMApr 7
to SEBHC
 When I was blowing the dirt/dust out of the H19 that I bought off eBay a couple of months ago, two labels blew out onto the grass.  One has PN 0000411-27795 and the other is 0000680-S27795.  I believe they came off the Terminal Logic Board since the last numbers match as if they are a serial  number. I would like to get hem glued back on if I can find out here they came from.
> Thank You very much in advance
> Paul Cushing

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2024, 11:09:58 AMApr 7
to se...@googlegroups.com

Here’s where one of mine is located (this is an H19A). I only see one.  these labels routinely fall off of most of my old Heath boards. I haven’t tried to re-attach any of them.

Good luck.

  • Glenn

image001.jpg

Paul Cushing

Apr 8, 2024, 9:32:02 AMApr 8
to se...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Glenn.  After reading your post I realized that I had mistyped, mine is an H19A also.

Duz your terminal work?  Where is the -5V regulator?

Paul Cushing
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SEBHC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sebhc/1a6f01da88fd%24a4ca5d80%24ee5f1880%24%40gmail.com.
image001.jpg

Glenn Roberts

Apr 8, 2024, 11:27:28 AMApr 8
to se...@googlegroups.com
Yes terminal works great.  Not sure where -5V regulator is. Does yours look different?

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 8, 2024, at 9:32 AM, Paul Cushing <pfcu...@charter.net> wrote:

Thank you Glenn.  After reading your post I realized that I had mistyped, mine is an H19A also.

Duz your terminal work?  Where is the -5V regulator?

Paul Cushing

 When I was blowing the dirt/dust out of the H19 that I bought off eBay a couple of months ago, two labels blew out onto the grass.  One has PN 0000411-27795 and the other is 0000680-S27795.  I believe they came off the Terminal Logic Board since the last numbers match as if they are a serial  number. I would like to get hem glued back on if I can find out here they came from.
> Thank You very much in advance
> Paul Cushing

Paul Cushing

Apr 8, 2024, 10:04:19 PMApr 8
to se...@googlegroups.com
Glenn, it is U405 in the upper right corner but looking at my schematic I'll be darned if I can find out where that voltage is used.

Paul Cushing

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2024, 10:11:10 PMApr 8
to se...@googlegroups.com

Ah yes. Hmm interesting. I’m not the first owner and I didn’t build this (though the terminal boards were pre-assembled, I’m sure.) Perhaps whatever needed -5v on the H19 was eliminated in the H19A but they didn’t update the PCB?   But wait, I guess that regulator *is* installed on your board?  so maybe the previous owner of this terminal removed it?  Dunno.

  • Glenn

Paul Cushing

Apr 9, 2024, 3:32:05 PMApr 9
to se...@googlegroups.com
Glenn, all good possible suppositions Winking smile emoticon
Emoticon3.gif

norberto.collado koyado.com

Apr 9, 2024, 11:38:28 PMApr 9
to se...@googlegroups.com
What is the issue here?

Apr 10, 2024, 3:24:43 PMApr 10
to se...@googlegroups.com
It is labeled -5.2 volt regulator. If the ROM does not take -5v then you can depop U405. It is a typo on the schematic as it is labeled -5.2v and not -5v.
Apr 11, 2024, 8:39:56 AMApr 11
to se...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I pretty much figured that out using the schematics.  The -5V goes to the jumper areas next to all the ROMS but then goes nowhere. The regulator is installed, isn’t used, but I am going to leave it there.  It has nothing to do with the TLB issues now that the -12V is fixed.  It was just something that I noticed in the photo Glenn provided in my answer about the labels.

Thank you

Paul Cushing

image002.jpg

norberto.collado koyado.com