H8 Extender Board is Ready.

Norberto Collado

Apr 13, 2022, 2:05:05 AMApr 13
to se...@googlegroups.com

Todd,

The H8 Extender Board is ready for production as it is a very simple board. The Gerber files are here: http://koyado.com/heathkit/New-H8-Website/h8-extender-board.html

I will like to get 1-pcs. Please make sure the board thickness is 0.079”.

Thanks,

Norberto

Glenn Roberts

Apr 13, 2022, 2:08:29 AMApr 13
to se...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! That was quick work!

Sent from my iPad

Todd Goodman

Apr 13, 2022, 7:24:41 AMApr 13
to se...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Norberto!

I will get an order out today (hopefully)!

I'll make sure the board thickness is 0.079"

Todd

Steven Shumaker

Apr 13, 2022, 7:10:46 PMApr 13
to se...@googlegroups.com

Please put me down for one!

Steve

Rob

Apr 13, 2022, 9:09:26 PMApr 13
to SEBHC
I would like one of these as well... When the time comes.

Tim Gilberts

Apr 14, 2022, 3:32:56 PMApr 14
to se...@googlegroups.com
I would love one as well,  but I wonder if US UK postage might make it expensive?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On 14 Apr 2022, at 02:09, Rob <rw...@robhome.com> wrote:

I would like one of these as well... When the time comes.

Glenn Roberts

Apr 14, 2022, 5:54:17 PMApr 14
to se...@googlegroups.com

Just a reminder that the protocol we’ve been following since Todd stepped forward is supply-driven, not demand-driven.

Previously Norberto would solicit demand interest and build a list of “customers”, then add a few more to the total number and order the boards.

Now Todd orders in quantity and announces availability and we each can contact him to place orders. The system has been working well, so no need to “reserve your copy” – just wait ‘til Todd has the boards in stock!

  • Glenn

Glenn Roberts

Apr 14, 2022, 6:28:28 PMApr 14
to se...@googlegroups.com

My guess is this won’t be a show stopper.  Check with Todd on how he handles international shipping. He may have a feel for cost…

https://retrobrewcomputers.org/doku.php?id=boardinventory#norberto_collado_s_heathkit_h8_h89_boards

  • Glenn

Apr 15, 2022, 6:24:18 AMApr 15
to se...@googlegroups.com

I do ship internationally.  It's whatever my actual cost is for postage.  Internationally that's based on weight (and dimensional "weight" if one dimension is 12" or longer)

As expected, international shipping is more expensive.

usps.com (if people can get to that) has a postage price on it.

For example, for UK, the first eight ounces (including packaging) is US$17.85 for First Class International Package service.  At nine ounces it jumps to US$27.15 for the next eight ounces.

Todd

pbi...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2022, 9:30:59 AMApr 15
to se...@googlegroups.com

Note that USPS rounds UP.  So any fraction over _exactly_ 8.0 oz is in the next (9+) band.  At least they don’t charge for _their_ added labels :->.