Micro-SD card on the Z67-IDE+

norberto.collado koyado.com

Jun 21, 2022, 2:02:39 PM (3 days ago) Jun 21
to se...@googlegroups.com

As an alternative to the CF cards for the Z67-IDE+, I have been testing the “Extreme CF adapter” that uses a Micro-SD card.

During testing, I found that it only works as a master. As a slave it will not initialize, so no way to boot the OS on the dual CF adapter..

I can boot HDOS, INIT, and SYSGEN without any issues when using the single CF adapter. I have been testing with a micro-sd of 4GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 128GB with HDOS.

Also somehow the current FW reports only 8GB when using such CF card > than 8GB. I think it might be a FW issue as under Windows it reports the correct size.

More testing to do...

Thanks,

Norberto

IMG_1605.jpg