MT MODEM by Darrell Pelan

Les Bird

Nov 4, 2021, 6:47:50 PMNov 4
to SEBHC
Darrell, going through my collection of disks and came across this disk with your name on it. Nice job! (Big thumbs up)

IMG_0162.JPG

Joseph Travis

Nov 4, 2021, 8:42:57 PMNov 4
to se...@googlegroups.com
eMpTy modem... Is that a null device?  ;)

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 6:47 PM Les Bird <lesb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Darrell, going through my collection of disks and came across this disk with your name on it. Nice job! (Big thumbs up)

IMG_0162.JPG

Darrell Pelan

Nov 4, 2021, 10:18:53 PMNov 4
to SEBHC
Les,
Thanks! A nice blast from the past :-)

  Darrell

Kenneth L. Owen tx836519

Nov 6, 2021, 11:14:41 AMNov 6
to se...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Since the topic deals with modem programs for Heath, I am curious about what some of you may be using for a modem on Windows 10 to talk to the Heaths?

  • ken

Sent from Mail for Windows

Darrell Pelan

Nov 6, 2021, 12:29:45 PMNov 6
to SEBHC
I'm using Absolute Telnet. It handles com ports and telnet sessions well.

Joseph Travis

Nov 6, 2021, 1:20:43 PMNov 6
to se...@googlegroups.com
TeraTerm

Mike Enkelis

Nov 6, 2021, 3:30:12 PMNov 6
to se...@googlegroups.com
‘putty’. Does com ports and SSH.

Nov 6, 2021, 6:08:04 PMNov 6
to se...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joseph,

I downloaded TeraTerm and set up the Com port and baud.  It is communicating with the H8 both ways using the keyboard.  But, I haven’t been able to get it to send a file to the H8 using Z-modem.  It doesn’t seem to sent the Z-modem code to the H8 to receive the file.  It just starts sending giving garbage on the H-19.  Do you use it for Z-modem transfers?

  • ken

Sent from Mail for Windows

Since the topic deals with modem programs for Heath, I am curious about what some of you may be using for a modem on Windows 10 to talk to the Heaths?

  • ken

Sent from Mail for Windows

eMpTy modem... Is that a null device?  ;)

On Thu, Nov 4, 2021 at 6:47 PM Les Bird <lesb...@gmail.com> wrote:

Darrell, going through my collection of disks and came across this disk with your name on it. Nice job! (Big thumbs up)

Mike Enkelis

Nov 6, 2021, 6:31:29 PMNov 6
to se...@googlegroups.com
I believe that the H8 used Xmodem protocol, at least that’s what MAPLE from HUG used.
BTW in the early days of computers I founded a computer group in Portland Oregon and one of the members was Chuck Forsberg who later created the Zmodem protocol.

Nov 6, 2021, 9:40:47 PMNov 6
to se...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mike,

Yes, HDOS used Maple which was Xmodem on port 330Q.  I modified Maple’s port for a version that used port 340Q so I didn’t have to re-cable after using the H8D utility.

I using ZMP on the CP/M systems and like to use Zmodem so I can do the entire transfer from the sending machine.  TeraTerm has Zmodem protocol, but not all of the Zmodem functionality or I just haven’t set something up correctly.

  • ken

Sent from Mail for Windows

Nov 7, 2021, 12:13:07 AMNov 7
to se...@googlegroups.com
Yes I also used Tera-Term to transfer programs from Windows-10 to my H89.
Maple (CP/M) only supports simple Xmodem file send/receive of a single file at a time.

I have ZMP, but not correctly configured for the H89 comm port yet (not receiving data).
If you can post the port mods that would help me.

The other reason why I used Maple is that it’s interrupt driven and buffered serial port
along with the 16550 UART’s large fifo buffer allow for faster data transfer.

Nov 9, 2021, 5:36:29 PMNov 9
to se...@googlegroups.com
I have made a custom overlay for ZMP.COM for the H89 that allows using DCE or DTE ports up to 57600 baud, and if the UART is a 16550 will enable the FIFO in the chip.
I have tested sending files at full speed with a “Zmodem” protocol
But it times out trying to receive from remote computer.

Michael Enkelis