The triplets

Scott Campbell

Mar 17, 2023, 10:08:17 PM3/17/23
to SEBHC
They're done!  Thanks for your help everyone.  I've restored hundreds of computers from Altair to Amiga, but never a Heathkit until now.  They are...extra quirky, but also quite simple compared to most others.  It was a great learning experience.  I appreciate the support!

These three were abandoned basement finds.  Rusted chip pins galore.  Mouse lairs.  Dead drives.  Cases more brown than beige.  More broken traces than I can count.  They were headed for the dumpster but fortunately someone called us.  Then we found all y'all.  Now they're back in the world!

I'll be keeping one for my personal collection and selling the other two.  Doesn't matter which I keep.  Before I put them on the online store, would anybody here be interested in purchasing one or two?  I haven't assigned prices, but I'll take offers that cover my costs and a bit for the effort (I realize I'll be WAY under minimum wage but I don't care).  Chicago area, though we do know how to pack monitors if you want to pay for shipping and crating.  We do use an Instapak system though, which is fairly pricey (about $50 for one of these since we'll be packing both the computer and the tube, plus carrier charges).  Prefer local pickup or if you're in the Midwest we do travel around quite a bit if you don't mind waiting for us to be in your area.

They're all 64K.  All tantalums replaced.  Power supply caps replaced on all three.  Other caps, voltage regulators and other passive components replaced as necessary.  All 74 series chips, CPU and RAM chips pulled and tested outside of the system.

Unit #1 has an H17 and an H37, two Goteks (one on each controller) and a half height 5.25" physical drive (on the H37 controller).  Includes USB sticks with OS's and curated software on it.

Unit #2 has an H17 and a full height (original) drive.  This one will include a box of 10 hard sector disks (homemade but they are all formatted and tested), including one of each HDOS3, HDOS2 and CP/M and a disk of games.

Unit #3 has an H37 with a Gotek and a 5.25" physical drive attached to it.  Includes a USB stick with OS's and curated software.

They'll go on our online store in a few days.  But if you are still interested after that happens, just shoot me a PM and I'll send you a discount code for 20% off...again for all the assistance of the group.

Still have an H8 and an H19 to go!  This journey in Heathkit is not over yet...

Scott

IMG_8912.JPEG

Scott Campbell

Mar 17, 2023, 10:09:14 PM3/17/23
to SEBHC
IMG_8913.JPEG
IMG_8914.JPEG
IMG_8915.JPEG
Message has been deleted

Scott Campbell

Mar 17, 2023, 10:10:26 PM3/17/23
to SEBHC
On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 9:08:17 PM UTC-5 Scott Campbell wrote:
IMG_8916.JPEG
IMG_8917.JPEG
IMG_8918.JPEG

Scott Campbell

Mar 17, 2023, 10:10:51 PM3/17/23
to SEBHC
On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 9:08:17 PM UTC-5 Scott Campbell wrote:
IMG_8920.JPEG
IMG_8921.JPEG
IMG_8922.JPEG

Scott Campbell

Mar 17, 2023, 10:11:15 PM3/17/23
to SEBHC
On Friday, March 17, 2023 at 9:08:17 PM UTC-5 Scott Campbell wrote:
IMG_8908.JPEG
IMG_8905.JPEG
IMG_8907.JPEG