UltraROM and 2nd Page Display memory

Mark Garlanger

Mar 19, 2023, 1:55:50 AM3/19/23
to se...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know the technical details of the 2nd Page display memory that was an option for the UltraROM chip?

It was a 2k static RAM chip, and I'm trying to figure out what memory address it was at. The docs only mention these instructions to modify the terminal board to support it. See attached photo.

If any hardware experts are bored, maybe they can infer it from the modifications. The first chip/socket numbers are for the new H19A terminal boards, and the ones in [ ] are for the older H19 boards.

Mark

IMG_8700.jpg

Joseph Travis

Mar 19, 2023, 9:57:07 AM3/19/23
to se...@googlegroups.com
Lee Hart?

Mark Garlanger

Mar 19, 2023, 2:39:49 PM3/19/23
to se...@googlegroups.com
On a related note, do we have technical specs for the SuperSet, and source code for Superset? As I was searching old emails for info, I saw that Lee had offered to provide the source many years ago, but I didn't find if it was ever provided.

Also, do we have a full list of upgrades for the terminal board?

For the ROMs I'm aware of the following:
  • UltraROM
    • Optional 2nd Page ROM (2k)
  • Super19
  • Watzman ROM