H11 anyone ?

Alex - K3CIM

Sep 7, 2022, 9:01:46 AM9/7/22
to SEBHC
Epay has item
Bay item number:
134223198121

H11, H19, H17, H27  all for only $100

alex B

Steven Hirsch

Sep 7, 2022, 9:12:41 AM9/7/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
That will end up going for well north of $1000. Fortunately, I have all of
those pieces in my collection so not tempted to join the fracas.

Mitchell Smith (KB3GKC)

Sep 7, 2022, 10:14:36 AM9/7/22
to SEBHC
Always wanted an H11.
The price will probably skyrocket.

Joseph Travis

Sep 7, 2022, 10:33:44 AM9/7/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
H11A has newer CPU board. WH27 factory assembled. H17 with physically broken drives (broken door on left, missing door on right). H19 white screen. H25, didn't get a good look.

Alex - K3CIM

Sep 13, 2022, 10:37:53 AM9/13/22
to SEBHC
you are correct.....it is now just over 1300 $$$$

Glenn Roberts

Sep 13, 2022, 2:19:06 PM9/13/22
to <sebhc@googlegroups.com>
Based on what these items are fetching on eBay these days it should go well over $2k before its done. It says free shipping but that's a bit scary. To do it right these will cost $100 each to ship, but the seller is incentivized to cut corners since it eats into their profit...

Steven Hirsch

Sep 13, 2022, 3:15:21 PM9/13/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
On 9/13/22 14:18, Glenn Roberts wrote:
> Based on what these items are fetching on eBay these days it should go well
> over $2k before its done. It says free shipping but that's a bit scary. To
> do it right these will cost $100 each to ship, but the seller is
> incentivized to cut corners since it eats into their profit...

That's why I no longer buy any vintage systems that need to be shipped.
Whoever is on the receiving end of that auction will be dealing with a smashed
H19 (probably with broken CRT) and seriously bent up metal chassis with bits
and pieces bouncing around inside.

Joseph Travis

Sep 13, 2022, 3:23:25 PM9/13/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
If anyone in the group buys this, I urge you to pay to have it professionally packed and shipped.

Glenn Roberts

Sep 13, 2022, 6:00:01 PM9/13/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Somebody got a good deal on that…

Sent from my iPad

steve shumaker

Sep 13, 2022, 6:04:11 PM9/13/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
yep...  watched the the last 5 minutes..  didn't get a single snipe!

Randy Jost

Sep 13, 2022, 11:39:56 PM9/13/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
I watched the last 5 minutes or so also.  I lusted after the H-11, but I've had too many things show up poorly packed and broken recently.  I mean, really, you think putting a piece of cardboard on top of a monitor is padding?  Maybe if you have ants marching across the top of the box.  Still want one though, so I will just keep watching and hoping something comes up at a reasonable price that is close enough for me to drive to it and to pick it up.  I'd be interested in finding out what shape it is in when it arrives at its new home.

Mark Garlanger

Sep 14, 2022, 12:56:55 AM9/14/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully whoever won it is close enough to pick it up. To pack and ship those items safely, would probably be at least $600. The H-25 printer itself is VERY heavy.

I think the seller would have gotten more had he split it up. Not all the pieces go together. The H17 doesn't go with it. Not sure if the H-11 had the software to take full advantage of the H-25 features.